True, 38 mm is huge for a road tire.  But the Paris-Moto will be 50
grams lighter than a Maxy Fasty, barely heavier than a 650b x 32 mm
Cypress, but 5 or 6 mm wider than either.  If Jan Heine's theories on
tire width and rolling resistance are true, the P-M should be faster
on the road than the Cypress.  Not beefy enough that I'd want to
bounce it off of a lot of gravel, but light and cushy enough to (I
hope) be a delight on a long day's ride.

Bill