On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM, rswat...@me.com <rswat...@me.com> wrote:

> Depends on which Grand Bois. The Ourson is good in dirt, but the Hetre not
> so much. It's all Cush and no traction. It's OK to an extent, but if it gets
> steep it starts slipping on me.
> It's still my favorite tire, but I take the Trimlines if I expect to see
> much dirt.
> Or the Neo-motos if it's ALL dirt.
> Personally, my Pari-Motos will be strictly road tires.
> Your mileage may vary, I've got friends who kick my butt on the trails with
> 23mm slicks!
>
> Ryan

Respectfully have to disagree about the Hetre.  When I ride with folks using
them, they are never at a disadvantage that I've seen.  They seem to do
everything a Pasela can, while providing more comfort in the process.  Now
this isn't anything steep or technical, but still a lot of dirt riding with
sections of both of the above.  Again, I'm comparing them to 35-37mm Paselas
to which they seem about equal, and I ride those Paselas everywhere.

You can see them throughout these two sets:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/sets/72157618204831557/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/sets/72157622279022002/

--
Cheers,
David

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy