On Feb 14, 4:23 pm, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:

> It might be, if the pavement was bad enough.

absolutely.  some "pavement" is worse than unpaved surfaces.  for the
sake of argument, however, i'm thinking paved roads in good condition
for road riding.

38mm sounds real nice for mixed terrain ride that features varied
surfaces - like D2R2, which you mentioned.  I did the 100 miler on the
challenge parigi-roubaix tires last year and was fast and comfortable,
but not entirely surefooted on some of the loose dirt/gravel descents
(which are quite fast).  I plan on using the Pari-Moto this year.