I do not have anything very useful to add but I am also at or around that
89 pbh number, usually have a 78cm saddle height and have studied (studied
being a little overstated) the Roadini numbers.

Like you said, the reach difference, as far as I can tell, is minimal, at
least workable.  I will say the mid-tube top tube height is ~34.12" (right
at my theoretical limit) on the 61, which might be fine or maybe not... The
57cm shows to be ~32.56cm mid top tube (lower than I would like).  Also, I
believe the Roadini has a relatively high stack, and my very amateurish
calculations came out as 630mm for the 57, 671mm for the 61.   Someone
please correct that as needed as I would love to know the true numbers.

Anyway, I am very curious if others report or if you get more information
from Rivendell!

For now, I have decided to not decide.  I had opted for a Sam (58cm) but
delays and life timing happened (a house sale and move, then travel) so I
ended up cancelling that for now.  We shall see...

Let us know of anything you find or hear!

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL