Hi Bunch,

I've decided to fender the Quickbeam. My first and quite wet Spring here on
the East Coast in addition to much encouragement from RBW New Yorkers in a

I understand 45mm wide fenders will fit the Quickbeam; I've used SKS P45
before. I can do this, fine, and there are great 700x38 tires out there,
sure. But what if I want to run a 40-42mm wide tire?

I'm curious about 50-52 mm wide fenders. Honjo/Simworks, Honjo/Compass,
Velo Orange and SKS all have fenders in this range. I know Pillip
Williamson bent and pinched his Zeppelins to squeeze into his QBs
chainstays.

How difficult is this?
What other considerations are there?
Can you pinch an SKS fender?
If I did this, will I just end up with the same amount of available tire
clearance under the pinched part of the fender?

Patch
BKNY