I ran fenders on my quickbeams no problem, but it looked pretty ugly. I used
sks with the quick releases front and back to facilitate wheel removal and
general safety. When I upped the tire size I just split the fenders and
bracketed them so that there was no actual fender between the frame and tire.
Only an inch or so of space for goop to fly through. I've got a pile of
butchered plastics you're welcome to pick through, and some honjos you could
have for cheap (but they wouldn't clear 38s (and they're horribly oxidized!))
-Kai
BKNY