I've covered this a few times and shared my results with Patrick before he
picked up the habit.
Ultrasonic cleaning of a chain lubed with liquid results in a teaspoon of
Wear particles and Sand, because liquid lube wets and sticks sand.
Here's the bottom of the beaker after a 700-mi run with molten speed wax,
and this is the typical result from almost 3 years' use.

<https://imgur.com/VPzmsXl.jpg>
I get 700+ mi from one molten speed wax.  A pound waxes 20+ (clean)
chains.  So that's 15,000 clean miles.
Sand does not stick to a waxed chain.  All that sticks to it is calcium
chert, which will rinse away.
I ride a lot in winter slop and post-monsoon slop here

<https://imgur.com/G9H6Dkw.jpg>
It's a no-brainer.