Oh, I love cycling caps.

Summer: I wear caps mainly for sweat control (even the 1/2 mile rt to the
store just now -- panniers easier for loads than carrying while walking --
with bare head had sweat flowing down my face and making my sunglasses
slip), and perhaps they do a bit for shade (though I wear sunglasses) and
even for wind protection. In the rare occasions I ride in the rain, the
brim keeps the driving drops from stinging my face and even keeps my shades
freer of raindrops.

I presently own about 6 or 7 Nashbar-distributed retro team caps (which
cause me all kinds of anxiety when it comes to matching them with jerseys:
is it caddish to wear my nice Bianchi cap with my Bianchi jersey? What
about a Legnano cap with a Sugoi jersey?); 2 or 3 remaining custom caps
from an order from LittlePackage some 5-6 years ago; and a green Rivendell
cap. With all but the customs, I shorten the brims by ~8 mm by severely
bending them upward, this so I can see out from under the bills when in the
hooks. Low brow, doncha know.

Winter: I have 3 wool cycling caps with reasonable brims that to some
degree or other do stay put over my ears: a big floppy Walz** from Synaptic
Cycles; a nice Trek or Specialized cap; and a cheapo wool that I bought on
eBay that is pretty good for the money, though a bit too snug -- I have a
large head. For really cold weather I wear a pseudo Peruvian cap in cheap
wool***, with earflaps that tie under my jaw, or a balaclava, though I
haven't used one of these last for several years -- too much of a hassle to
get it on, when the Peru cap keeps me almost as warm.

* I think that the brims on these may be as long as 4 cm. An earlier set
had ~3 cm brims, and used to cause my daughter all sorts of social grief
when I rode over to meet her at school.

Riding temps from 100+ highs, tho' with humidity high if it gets past 10%,
to the upper middle teens.

** This has caused snide comments from the teenage girl set when I ditto.

*** $12 or less from Target 6-8 years ago, but very practical.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Lum Gim Fong <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you wear for a cap?
> Looking for cool in hot weather and good vision under visor in drops.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique