I'm a hat junkie and have collected ball caps since I was a youth.  I
probably have had over 100 at a time at various points of my life.  Not
sure why, just always dug hats.

As I have passed the gene on to my kids, they are always with a hat as
well.  And "bike hats" as they call them fit them well.  I like the Pace
(have the Riv one as well) caps a lot but also dig the Randi Jo  Wooly Riv
cap.  I wear it out all the time as a hat, in addition to under my bucket.
It looks like an old Brooklyn Dodgers cap.   When winter swap season comes
I buy every cheap cap I can to sweat in and for my kids to wear and lose.
I have a big head and some of the Italian caps are tight.

As for sun hats, I highly recommend a Tilley.  They aren't cheap, but they
are legit (Canadian made).  When I am in the sun, I wear it all day.