I used to have a Trek FX with a carbon fork. I bought it used on Craigslist and
got a great deal. I knew nothing about bikes except that Trek was miles above
the Walmart Schwinn I’d been riding, and the Target bikes before that when I
was a child. “Carbon fork” was touted and I was proud to have one. I regularly
rode off curbs with that Trek, saw it knocked over several times at the park
with my kids. I knew nothing, NOTHING about the danger of cracking that carbon
fork. I disliked the handlebars and the squirrely feel of that light bike while
pulling my son on his tag-along, so I sold it. Knowing what I know now, I could
lose sleep thinking about the poor guy who bought my bike; I pray that fork
remains intact.