I have a few droppers on a couple of bikes...Rock Shox Reverbs. They are
pretty great when I remember to use them. The trouble with the first one I
got was the push button plunger thingy just wasn't easy to use. It was just
stiff and my poor thumb didn't like it, so I didn't get into the habit of
using it. The newest one has a paddle shifter job that takes the place of
the plunger thingy. Way easier, better, cooler and I find myself using the
dropper all the time and it really does help in a variety of situations.
So, I've concluded that in the areas I ride to get me to use a dropper it
needs to be easily actuated without me thinking too much about it, and I'm
sorry to say that Hite Rite wouldn't make the cut.