What I would be concerned about is offering less features like lugs. For
me, Rivendells have always been well made and have nice lugs. However, I
haven't been on the site in a while, but notice that some of the new frames
are now TIG-welded or have very simple lugs?!  Really?!  That's like BMW
making their 1 Series cars front wheel drive....but I digress. So not
having nice lugs would be more a deal breaker than whether the frames was
made by Waterford, Toyo or Taiwan (Maxway?).

Btw, MIT is not all bad. My local LBS (A Bicycle Odyssey in Sausalito) is
having a big sale on all its frames right now and they carry an interesting
Taiwanese frameset from a company called Rikulau.  They make a Reynolds 953
and 931 stainless steel framesets that are really nice. If I didn't
recently buy a used Della Santa, I would be very tempted.

Also, for those who are not paranoid, some of the best carbon framesets are
also made in Taiwan. Giant makes carbon frames for just about everyone on
the planet. They're one of the leaders in carbon fiber design.  So MIT
should be a concern, more about what features are being offered.

Good Luck!

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 11:28:33 AM UTC-7, Lum Gim Fong wrote