Can we see a pic of the bike?
Try putting your saddle in KOPS. If the saddle is shoved too far back, KOPS
Will bring it forward without damaging anything on your body. KOPS is a pretty
neutral place to start. When one sets up a saddle it is not to get closer to
the bars it is to move your body into a position relative to your bottom
bracket for efficient peddling. But in In your case if the saddle is all the
way back on the rails this will also bring you closer in reach so it may help
in both areas.

You could also raise the stem without going over a minimum insertion point
while keeping the wedge below the threaded part of your steerer.

Also, and this is why I wanted to see the picture, if your brake levers are too
far forward on the curve of the drop bars you can rotate them upwards towards
the ramps some more which can get them a couple centimeters closer to you,
shortening the reach.

 Another thing you can do while riding is to find a place on the handlebars
that your hands feel the most comfortable in the ramps position mimicking where
your hands would be resting on the brake levers. Then subtract the centimeters
from your existing brake levers where your hands would rest on them to where
your hands are now in the most comfortable position and get a stem with an
extension that is that much shorter. Don’t be ashamed to go short extension. I
use a 6 cm at extension on my Sam, Ram, and Bleriot. Others here do too.

You could also get more compact handlebars which have a short ramps reach.