Ian, your post was a good reminder for me to re-view this Jones plus video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMkQ7z9Gi7c>, the first 4 min of which
includes the explanation of exactly what you referenced ... how long
wheelbase doesn't have to mean long chainstays, and how Jeff designed the
bike to work well for both descending and climbing, but always balanced
over the legs, sitting and standing.  Some stat's of the plus, which begins
around 1:47 in the video:

HT angle: 67.5 deg
ST angle: 71 deg
Offset: 7.6cm
Chainstay: 19"/48.26cm

I couldn't find wheelbase stat's on the Jones site, but Dirt Rag's review
states the LWB's wb is 47.4" / 120.4cm.

I'm looking fwd to learning Gus's spec's.

Tom