Dilling holes is easy.  Aluminum is soft, and you can finish the hole off with a rat tail file.  It helps to start it with a punch.  In any event you don't see the hole when it's all assembled so no need to get obsessive about it.  Just make absolutely positively 100% sure don't even think about trying to shortcut the process to only do one set of holes at a time.  Mark, drill mount, mark the next set, dismount, drill, remount.  You cannot mark all the holes at once, because mounting the first hole changes the alignment and your next hole is going to end up in the wrong place.  That's the chief reason why it takes a long time and requires huge amounts of patience.  That, and of course because it's easy to screw up and ruin an expensive fender.  Haste truly makes waste here.

Also under no circumstances ever try to pull the fender into shape by means of tension on the fender stays.  That works with plastic fenders, but it's the kiss of death with metal ones.  You adjust the fender line by squeezing the edges of the fender together or spreading them apart.  Stressing the fender by means of tension on the stays ends up causing cracking.