Thanks Chris, I'll add the Maxxis Torch to list of possible choices as
well, with a note about the cornering.

   Thank you everyone for all your recommendations.

    I ordered a set of the Marathon Supremes and a set of the new clincher,
non-tubeless Marathon Almotions from Germany for about $43 a tire with
shipping. I carry an extra tube & tire on grocery runs, so if I get a
puncture, I can just pop on a tube & tire and fix the puncture after I get
the groceries in the fridge.

    Fingers crossed, I won't be fixing flats for awhile!

Thanks,

John