ps - found this on VO blog

First, Pro-5-Vis cranks have about the narrowest Q factor, or tread, of any
crank made. That's a good thing for most of us. In fact some experts claim
that most riders pedal more efficiently on low Q-factor cranks. But there
is a small percentage of riders who are more comfortable on with a wider
crank. You probably know who you are and you should not buy Pro-5-Vis
cranks. Simply using a longer bottom bracket, as the article suggests, will
throw off your chain line and, in my experience, may result in balky
shifting.

The other bit I wanted to correct is that all these cranks did not go to
Japan, nor were they re-imported from Japan. You can just look in our stock
room to see that.

Which brings us to the bigger issue of, "Will they be made again?" We were
told, twice, that the last production run would be it. Forever; period; no
more; finished. But apparently this past run sold so quickly that that
decision was reconsidered, according to both Jan and my French contacts,
and there may indeed be more runs. I'm happy about that since they really
are great cranks. But I feel like I misled our customers by repeating what
I'd been told about there being no more ever made. My apologies.

Here is what I wrote previously about these cranks:

<http://bp0.blogger.com/_C1XrRVl3W8k/R2glELiWjBI/AAAAAAAAD2U/lVfZipnH93Y/s1600-h/TA+pro5_big.jpg>One

reason why so many people like the TA crank is that it has about the lowest
Q-factor (width) of any crank ever made. This is because the crank arm is
straight and very close to the outer chainring. So front derailleurs that
have thick outer plates sometimes hit the crankarm, But all Campy models
and many others work. These cranks will work with modern drivetrains, even
10-speed. Another reason to use TA Pro Vis 5 cranks is that they can
replace a triple crank when set up as a double. You can run 28t and 46t
rings with a 12-27 cassette (for example) and have almost the same range as
a triple, but with a lot less overlap. Rings 26 to 68 teeth
<http://www.velo-orange.com/tapro5visch.html> are available. By the way, TA
sells the cranks and rings separately; there are no stock combinations. So
why did these wonderful cranks go out of production? The big chainrings,
above 50t or so, are too flexible for racing. And they are very expensive.