On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 11:19:55 AM UTC-7, Justin, Oakland wrote:

> Oh well. Trader Joe's now has an $8 bag of "single origin" beans out here
> in the bay area. A lighter one and a medium one. That's nearly half the
> price of my usual Philz/Counter Culture/Red Bay Coffee purchase so...
>

>>> Heck, TJ has a 100% Arabica "dark roast" for about $6 that is a bit one
dimensional, but as long as that dimension is dark, it's fine by me.

As to freezing, there has been at least one study found that freezing
roasted beans before grinding produced more even particles and better
extraction: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160614100258.htm

happy caffeinated trails!
jim m
wc ca