On Mar 23, 2010, at 7:00 PM, Eric Norris wrote:

Knowing and doing are two different things. Most (all?) smokers know it's killing them, but they smoke anyway.

Add to that our ridiculous American serving sizes, and it's not too hard to figure out why there's an obesity epidemic.

Truth. And it's odd, when I've been in France touring the portion sizes are much smaller and yet I find myself full, satisfied and not hungry until the next meal (unless riding a lot). Giant portions are not necessary unless the goal is to be a giant person.

Our favorite local restaurant (the bike-and-local-food-supporting Birchwood Cafe in Minneapolis) also serves sensible portions of very good food- and they've been successfully in business for over 10 years. Great restaurant.