I don't ever go there during the "season" but I bet it does get crowed
during the summer. I have always gone after Labor Day and never
experienced a crowd, mostly just pass a hiker or 2.
another Sunday activity would be to break camp, stop in the diner in New
Palz, then ride the  "Walkway over the Hudson" park, there are several
places to park along the rail trail, then about 3 miles to the Hudson
River crossing...a must see if you have never been., that would put you
close to the thruway for heading home.

On 2019-09-11 11:32 am, Alex Wirth- Owner, Yellow Haus Bicycles wrote:

I lived in Gardiner for a year awhile back.  Spencer or anybody else...do they
still give out a limited number of passes each day?  I remember buying a season
pass for that reason.  Unsure if this is still a concern...

Also, the Sunday brunch is a thing to behold at the Mohonk Mountain House.  Pricey,
but it gives you access to the grounds for the day.  There's a very cool rock
scramble ("the lemon squeeze) that I used to take guests on whenever I had
visitors.  The start is quite close to the lake/Resort.  If anyone has interest, let
me know.