Rims: the Velocity Atlas is great but (1) is it not tubeless compatible and
it's nice to have that option later even if you won't need it now. (2) The
Atlas is also limited to "optimal" tire widths from 25-45mm (though many
folks run wider tires without issues).
The Cliffhanger is what I'm inclined toward for tubeless and wider tire
compatibility (optimal 45-65mm but reports of it doing well with as narrow
as 38mm tires).
Also consider the Velo Orange Voyager which is tubeless compatible but is a
size between the Atlas and Cliffhanger for width, plus it's a nice silver
color.

Hubs: loads of good options out there. XT and XTR mostly get you lower
weight vs. LX or base Deore. Chris King is a costly option but apparently
they last forever if you care for them, same for Phil Wood. Both also look
great. But you'll be fine with Deore or LX hubs so long as a couple extra
ounces doesn't bother you.

You didn't mention spokes, but how many (basically either 32 or 36
depending on you big you are and your type of riding) and their size
(strongly recommend DT Swiss Competition which are double butted 2-1.8-2mm
[e.g., thinner in the middle for more flexibility while still very strong]
or their Sapim equivalent) though straight gauge is fine too.

It's a fun process getting wheels, enjoy. Check out UniversalCycles for
their custom wheel builder options (I've only had one built by them, a
dynamo 3N72 hub with Atlas rim and DT Competition spokes - it's still
running true after 1,000+ miles of abuse on my commuter).

Abe