I will point out that the new Alex adventurer 2 Rims are cheap and rim
brake and tubeless compatible. I think $30-35 at your LBS.  I got a few in
both 26" and 700C for rim brake and cruiser bikes that I am sick of getting
goat head flats on, but have not built them up yet. Based on their
similarity to the pre tubeless Alex adventurer rims, I think they will
built up pretty straight and true.  Not light, maybe similar to
cliffhangers though. Pretty wide. Very inexpensive compared to the
Cliffhanger,  Quill or Brevet or other tubless wide rim brake rims.
Probably only black, or black with a silver machined brake track.  They
come in 559, 584 and 622 (26", 650B, 700c)

Tarik

--
Tarik Saleh
tas at tariksaleh dot com