"I am very curious why Grant decided to change the geometry. "

Leah, that is always how it goes with Riv. If you see something you really
like, buy it, because the next shipment may be different. It may be "better" or
you may prefer the former. Hard to know. Designs are always being tweaked, or
revised due to supply chain availability.  I have sent 2 friends to RBW for
Clems.  One has the early green Clementine and loves it, the other is getting
the new Clem L in blue this coming week, and I will be assembling it. I suspect
the new owner will love hers too. Prior to that, I sort of influenced another
local to get an Yves Gomez that almost never gets ridden. I'm 1st in line to
buy it if it ever comes up for sale as I prefer the earlier RBW layouts to the
current ones.  It is just a matter of personal preference, I don't think there
is a "better" or "worse."  They all ride like Rivendells.

Tailwinds

Bruce