I don't have much to say on ride characteristics bc I've never ridden an
AHH, but...as far as aesthetic design goes, I have an interesting take.
I purchased my first Riv in late 2008.  It was the first gen SH , the green
and gold one.
I think it was their first "expanded" geo bike.  I was really visually
turned off on upsloping tube but at about half the cost of the AHH (and the
fact that it had cantis), it made more sense for me to get that one.
Fast forward to over 10 years later and now my bike design eye has totally
shifted. I find horizontal top tubes unattractive because I know they'd be
more uncomfortable for my riding style.
I still have that SH and have had other Riv's come and go.  I also have a
silver 55 Appaloosa which in many ways is an evolved SH and I think both
bikes with their 6ยบ (or so) up slope look "correct" and beautiful.