Looks like a lot of fun.

I should, but have not yet, find the time to ride up around
Minneapolis.

The bluffs on either side of the Mississippi near LaCrosse and even
where Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois come together present both
beautiful and challenging rides.

I think if our friends out West made it out here for some riding (Mid-
September is probably the best time weatherwise) they would be most
pleased with the scenery, open roads and trails, if not somewhat
disappointed with the food and coffee offerings away from Chicago and
Minneapolis anyway.  (You are never too far from decent places to eat
and drink in the Bay Area and Wine District - of course everyone knows
that so you are bound to be sharing the roads with quite a few of
them).