I'm probably not the only one who has enjoyed the photos Grant makes
on his rides up into the hills around Walnut Creek. Some friends and I
rode a back-road loop around Lake Pepin on Sunday. Usually when I ride
around Pepin, the local vegetation is green and lush, but in March,
it's still pretty brown. I thought many times that the brown, knobby
topography was reminicent of Grant's WC area photos. Also, we all were
riding steel (2 Rivs) and wearing clothes that didn't look like
cycling clothes. This loop would be a good ride for you Californians
who are under the impression that the Midwest is devoid of hills.

Anyway, here's my write-up:
http://hiawathacyclery.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundays-lake-pepin-adventure.html