- 3 bikepacking trips, totaling two weeks, one of which went as planned.
- 3 new gates closing off forest service roads to private property. Ah, the
joys of new Colorado, where land owners experience too much abuse of
privilege of access and simply shut it down.
- Countless old Colorado "self service" gates that allow access and ask
only curtesy, including closing it behind you ... assuming you can puzzle
out how to 1. open it and 2. close it again. Some of these have been there
for over seventy years.
- 100% of the days my. brain allowed me to ride, I rode.
- 80% of milage was blessed active contemplative prayer; 20% were attempts
to reach such a state. Not bad, room to improve. Grin.
- Unknown word count produced at the writers' nooks.
- 95% of rides I returned better than I left.
- 100% of rides I paid zero attention to stats, and only on bikepacking
trips did I care about milage (sort of) for sustainability and navigation
(map and compass).
- 3-4 times did I use my phone GPS app (Gaia GPS, with Trail Illustrated
Maps), zero of those proved more helpful than paper map and compass.
- 1 phone map subscription canceled. Grin.
- 100% of my rides and milage were delightful and with wild abandon, one
way or another, perhaps most especially the overextended ones at the end of
the day after unexpected reroutes just hoping to find a place to pitch me
tent. Grin.

Happy and blessed New Year! May God startle you with joy!

With abandon,
Patrick