It is my understanding that Riv frames are the one product they sell as many of
as they can make. The Roadini was an exception and it had shorter stays than
the other stuff, I don't think Grant's longbikes are a marketing issue.

I love Silver Power Ratchet shifters but they do indeed belong in the
simple/fixie category of bikes you don't shift much..a thing Grant has promoted
since way back in the Bstone days. When I use them I tend to stay in a
particular gear longer and just grind it or coast down because hunting for
gears with friction can be more bother than it's worth. This works great for me
- especially on my eClem which hardly needs to be shifted - but as masmojo says
wouldn't be great on hilly dirt rides. If I bought a Gus/Susie it would get a
1x indexed drivetrain, my custom will have one Silver shifting two rings up
front.