+ 1 for this sort of shifting. I actually enjoy the wider variety of torque
and cadence required by old fashioned drivetrains (with the exception that
I do prefer very close ratios in the very middle, middle defined by
use/terrain/type of riding; eg, pavement, 65-70-75 gi (thus must look for
Sturmey Archer AC hub; source = Sheldon:)

AC 3 Close 106.66
100
93.3 A rare model, made for club bicycles, time trials
<https://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_ta-o.html#timetrial>.

Tho' I may have to content myself with the AM at 1.115/1.0/0.8654 --
roughly 2-teeth differences in the middle pavement range.

Of course, I don't do a lot of technical singletrack or even short, steep
hilly terrain; would doubtless have second thoughts about indexing (or ss +
walking??) for such uses.