I love Velocity rims and own both models you mentioned. Weight was never a
factor in my choice since all of my Rivs are already heavy. A few ounces
won't make a difference for me. I have an Appaloosa that I use for extended
tours and overnight camping trips, a Sam Hillborne that is my roadish bike
and a Clem H that is yet to be built. I have Quills on the Sam and
Cliffhangers for the Joe. Once the Clem is finished it will have
Cliffhangers.

I am a tubeless convert and find that both rims set up very well for
tubeless. I also believe in going with the widest rim that makes sense. For
the Joe my goal was to have sturdy rims that could withstand the additional
weight that I intended to carry and the occasional off road use. I want to
ride the widest tire I can on this bike and still fit fenders. For me this
is a 48mm tire. The Cliffhangers are perfect for this bike..

The Quills are on the Sam. The widest tire I plan on using with this bike
is a 38mm. Mine is the sidepull version of the Sam and I am running Paul
Racers. I have tried as wide as 40mm but I find that a 38mm is what I
prefer the most. The Quills are perfect for my Sam. They are still pretty
wide and make for a very sturdy wheel that I am comfortable riding both on
pavement and dirt.

For my Clem I am building it up as a analog mountain bike. For this
application, at least as far as I am concerned, the only choice is the
Cliffhanger. I have a pair that I will build up over the next couple of
weeks. When they are done I am going to run a 2.25 knobbie tread and want
the wide rim to maximize the amount of tread that makes contact with the
ground.

FWIW I would recommend the Cliffhanger for your Atlantis.