JAS, thanks, I do love The Clem Rider. I keep waiting for him to really give me
trouble but there is no hint of it yet. He’s nearly 14, but he still has time!
I know that no woman will ever be good enough for him, though he would
disagree. Pity my future daughter-in-law! 🤣

Roberta, such a great way to spend an afternoon! That kid is a genius; I
couldn’t believe how much he knew - he had done so much reading before coming
for his lesson. I started to introduce concepts and terminology and he was
finishing my sentences. He was an absolute joy to teach.

He asked for a slice of sourdough toast with butter so The Clem Rider served it
to him. E asked me, “What is this butter? This is not like my butter!”

“It’s Irish butter from grass fed cows,” I said. “See how yellow it is? That’s
good butter.”
What 8th grader do you know who would be so discerning? !?

Phil - have you gotten your recipe right? You are a total love for helping your
wife this way. Food sensitivities and allergies can be so alienating.

Kent - if you’ve got good haunts for sourdough, that is hard to beat! I know
it’s an art. I can’t pretend mine is as quality as theirs; I have watched so
many bakers work with their sourdough - like 48 hours and several rise times.
Per loaf. I’m not that committed. Plus, it seems like you either love to cook
or love to bake, but few are masters at both. It’s cooking for me!

If only we all were neighbors and could share starter and bike rides, life
would be perfect. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone