My Front Roller Classics - which may be a newer design than the Bike Packer
you're using - has a clip near the front/bottom that a carry strap slips into
for riding. You plug it into the buckles on either side of the roll-top, get
the top rolled down, then the strap pulls down to the clip to cinch everything
tight. Nifty design but I don't use my carry straps so they're still in the
box. When I get around to it I'll mount one and post a pic.