I have a bunch of crash stories that I could pick from. Here's one.

My friend Andy had broken his collarbone mountain biking and was off the
bike for a few months. He finally got the clearance to ride, so he and I
were out on a gentle road spin around the south end of Lake Washington. As
we came around the south end of the lake, just past Boeing Field, there are
those little yellow domes in the road. We call them "road turtles". It had
just started to rain lightly and I turned my head back to tell Andy "watch
out for those things, they are really slick in the rain." The act of my
turning my head made my bike drift just a bit to the left and my front
wheel caught the edge of a road turtle. I went down quicker than a
jackrabbit on a date and, of course, I broke my collar bone!

For years afterwards I could tell when the weather was changing by the ache
in my collar bone.

Kent Peterson
Eugene, OR USA