Good topic.

The biggest change in my personal riding has been to ride more directly
from home which gives me more time to play (usually poke around and take
pictures) on the way. There's a lot of life in between the cracks if you
stop and really look.

I've been working with friends to expand the Motherlode Bicycle Coalition
to encourage and facilitate biking of all types in our rural counties, and
that effort is pretty much 100% on hold. I've had a blog for years
describing local rides (Tuolumne Bikes), and while I've heard from many how
helpful it was to them, the MLBC had scheduled our first season of pop up
rides to build community and encourage folks to get their bikes out of the
garage. All cancelled. Thankfully, we hadn't purchased insurance yet.

The point is "Join us for a ride" is a much more compelling message than
"Here's some places to ride", and making that transition is a big push out
of the comfort zone for me and for many other rural riders that are used to
just going. The current situation makes it extra clear how much we depend
on each other and our communities to make biking more appealing and
approachable for others. The flip side of the reduction in traffic.

>>Fellow riders on the road are actually friendly. I think they are slowing
down enough (re: not concerned about PBs, or whatever their electronic
tracking devices are telling them) to wave and say hi. It is refreshing.

CalBike is promoting "Waving Wednesdays". With any luck it would catch on
and people wouldn't be able to remember what day it is and wave anyway.
Don't see this going very far on Market Street in San Francisco. We wave
here--hey there's someone else on a bike! Works for cars too.