Good point about the water bottles. In particular, a touring bike should have
multiple, easily available water bottles.      Jim D.
Massachusetts

--- On Tue, 4/6/10, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Garth <garth...@gmail.com>
Subject: [RBW] Re: Diagonapillar
To: "RBW Owners Bunch" <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 9:05 AM

If they're going diagonal ..... what do they do about water bottles ?
Design is one thing, but what about practicality?

While I agree with GP that triangles look better, and bicycles are all
about triangles ...... more of them doesn't necessarily mean better.
Double top tubes parallel
looks masculine...... works great for carrying and stand
mounting....... a diagonal or mixte tube doesn't.

I'm wondering out loud ... if extra diagonal type tubed frames were so
popular ..... why are they not sold in mass?
I see a warmish response here in this forum .... but you know how some
things go ..... people say they love the design ..... but when it
comes time to actually
buy and own one ..... "personal reality" checks in. . .  . and they
may not want it.  It's like seeing a fancy prototype at the bike
show .... it looks great .... you drool over it ...
but you just don't get one ..... for whatever reason..... usually it's
too far "out of the norm". What would so and so think? ... etc.

The mind is an never ending ride to nowhere.