A few thoughts:

- Agree to keep the Hillborne as is. Keep cantis too. Just to have some
diversity in the line up.

- Short stem and drops: Personally I don't see it as "making it work".
There are even benefits to it: longer wheelbase is possible, less TCO or
similar TCO but with bigger tires and fenders. more centered when climbing
out of saddle = more traction, less forward weight on steep descents = less
headers, etc.

- Short stem and drops currently looks weird to people because it is not
widely done, but I would not be surprised if sub 60mm stems became the norm
on gravel bikes soon. Sub 50mm is already normal on MTB and no one thinks
it is weird anymore.

- The new Rivendell sizing is very different than what it was a few years
ago. I used to ride a 62cm quickbeam and a 61cm Toyo Atlantis comfortably.
Bought a 59 MIT Atlantis last year and it rode too big for my taste. Now I
have a 56cm MIT Atlantis and that fits excellent. It is nominally the
smallest bike I own, but rides much larger. Had I carefully studied the new
PBH chart I would have likely gone with the 56 out the gate, but thought I
knew better so I learned the hard way. What seems too small may actually be
just right.

Best,
Clayton Scott
HBG, CA