Jeremy

I agree with your explanation of the 'creaking' of sleeved bars.  Measuring
a B177 & B132 & a 1988 Sakae Road Champion, the sleeve is about 1.0mm,
probably slightly thicker to provide a sleeve ID < Bar OD for an
interference fit to the bar.  I imagine the sleeve is heated and then
placed on the bar, and the bar is then bent.

I agree there is no reason to doubt the integrity of the sleeve/bar and
would not avoid using a sleeved bar.

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ