I've been wrenching on bikes since 1967 (the old man said snippily, as he
expectorated into his stained, white beard*), and I've lived in very humid
environments (Washington, DC! Karachi, Pakistan! New Delhi, India in the
monsoon season!) and I've neglected my full share of bolts, and I have
never, ever seen a bolt rusted so that the threads bound.

It's not a real problem. Your True Value or Ace Hardware store bolt from
the bin is going to last you years, if not decades as long as you apply a
bit of grease to the threads before installing, as you'd do anyway to keep
it from binding.+

* But I'm not as old as Steve Palincsar! And I don't have a beard. And my
hair isn't white. And I'm younger than Steve. I was 12 in 1967.

+ I recently had a bolt bind so hard in the boss that I was sure it would
not come out; all the more distressing in that this was a fender bolt on
the new Chauncey-Matthews-Replacement-For-The-2003-Riv-Custom. Just weeks,
not years. But this was because Chauncey, with all his virtues, had
neglected to grease the threads. As it was, the gods were favorable and by
patient working at it, I got it out without breaking bolt or stripping
threads.