Hey, man, I've already slid down that slope, and it ain't all that
bad. Really. Actually, it's a rather fun slide!

I know what Joe is saying about the B17. I found the same thing when I
moved from bars-above-saddle to bars-below-saddle. The solution (or
solutions) were simple: first tried a Brooks Team Pro and it worked
well; then tried a San Marco Regal and it was even better.

A slippery slope indeed!