In regards to the VO hub; I just relaced one I have been using on my
commuter to it's 3rd rim. Had it since 2013? It is still going fine
although I changed, weirdly, the bearings on the freehub a few years back
because they had gone a bit crunchy, presumably from me being overly
zealous with chain lube at some point washing dirt into them. The main hub
bearings are still the originals and very smooth.

Caveats: Other than when I have serious accidents I seem to be super gentle
on my gear and a bit obsessive about maintenance. I am over 6 foot and only
80kgs and have hyperactive mechanical sympathy. Oher peoples mileage may
literally vary. I also enjoy the silver look though its practicality in the
long term has in recent years made it somewhat less desirable. Also *hate*
setting up brakes on a polished rim.