I’m 5’ 9” (used to be 5’ 10”) and measured my PBH at 83.  I measured it
again to be sure I was doing it right, then again a couple of weeks later.
Every bicycle I had from 1975 on was 700c.  There was no way I was going to
go 650b.  I ordered a Sam in 2015, and Will set me up with a 55 Cm frame
even though I did not mention my aversion to 650b.  The SOH of that frame
was listed at 83.3.

My Sam felt just a little “tall” for me.  Sliding off the seat forward at a
stop took some getting used to.  I did adapt, however, and now the Sam
feels like it is part of me when I ride.

Last year I got a 51 Cm Homer (650b), to see if a smaller frame would be
better.  It is MUCH too small.  Don’t do that.

So I’m with J L.  Call Riv, and believe what they set you up with.  If they
try to set you up with a frame that takes 650b, and you don’t want 650b,
buy something else.

As for another model similar to a Sam, look for a Soma Saga.  A Platypus is
also listed as “a country bike”, but it feels nothing like a Sam, while the
Saga does.  I do think a good used Sam from the 2014 - 2017 era would be a
good fit, and the 54 Cm probably would, too.  If you slide off the seat, be
sure to land on your toes.  ;-)