From: Darin G. <dbg...@mac.com>
Subject: [RBW] Re: Speed Up My Sam
To: "RBW Owners Bunch" <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 1:25 PM

Okay, many great suggestions here and I appreciate the attention to
the topic.  I think many of the observations about obsessing less with
how long it takes and enjoying the activity are appropriate.  I
typically don't ride with others.  Its usually just me out there
listening to the meadowlarks, feeling the wind and carrying on an
intense internal conversation with my multiple personalities. Speed on
such a journey is irrelevant.  When the opportunity to ride with
others does come up, however, no one wants to be the heel that makes
everyone wait or blows up trying to keep up, especially when you're
ostensibly the stronger rider.

For now I will swap the tires for the event rides (looking at the
Grand Bois 28s) and remove the rear rack.  I am also looking into a
lighter wheelset, including some that were  mentioned in this thread,
which will end up on the theoretical zippy bike of the future.

I did receive a phone call from my ride companion last night saying
that he was completely wasted from our recent sluggish and casual ride
and wondering how I could go that far.  Smug satisfaction taken.

And for the record:  I do not presently, and never have, wore
parachute pants.

D.G.