On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Ken Yokanovich
<reflector.collec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's just an idea... since it sounds like one of your riding
> partners is riding your old bike, why don't you swap bikes mid-ride
> for a direct comparison?  Is it the equipment or the motor?  Position
> or equipment?
>
> Never under estimate the power of the psychological perception of
> disadvantage.  This is what keeps much of the bicycle industry humming
> along with marketing speak, and product reviews laced with personal
> opinions.  It's also what keeps so many golf shops doing swift
> business selling new and improved clubs, balls, shoes, clothing,
> etc...

And read the latest BQ - Jan swapped bikes while riding the terraferma
and quickly realized that it wasn't the motor, it was the bike.

I wonder if the builder of those bikes is having a busy month.

about making your bike feel a bit faster... Just for fun - scooch your
saddle forward just a bit - see if you don't feel a bit faster.

-sv