It seems like most folks are happy with Barlow Pass & fenders, which is
what I have (with 559s), and that's a great combo. Without fenders I'd go
larger, probably the Snoqualmie Pass unless the Oracle Ridge fits w/o
fenders?

I've considered trying to squeeze the Snoqualmies - which are around 40mm
for me too - under VO zepplin 52 fenders. Has anyone tried this? I think
the challenge would be the 559 front brake's squeeze when open, which would
be a non issue on the OP's Racers, I guess? If anyone's successfully done
this, or some other combo of Snoqualmie pass and fenders, I'd like to hear
about it.

Adam