It was 2005, and I was looking for a fixed-gear capable bike to ride long
distances. I had signed up to be part of the Big Fix cross-country ride in
2006, and it was clear that my Soma was not going to fit the bill—fast and
light, but not great for multiple days in the saddle.

My friend, the organizer of the Big Fix, had a Quickbeam and convinced me to
try it.

I bought mine after being told in no uncertain terms by the well-meaning folk
in Walnut Creek that it was too small for me, based on their sizing orthodoxy.

I rode the Quickbeam successfullly on the Big Fix and, a year later, rode
Paris-Brest-Paris on it.

I still have the Quickbeam, now with a three-speed hub, and ride it regularly.

And it’s still too small.

Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com