I got my start in cycling back in early 2006 riding fixed gears, and I
burnt through countless frames and configurations, always with extreme drop
from saddle to bars.

After some health stuff came up I fell off with cycling for many years
before picking up a 1991 MB-2 from the original owner in Saratoga.

It sat around for a couple years before I really started to use it, adding
Boscos, a B17, and other Rivendell kit along the way.

Finally, cycling was comfortable(ish)!!!

Soon after getting this MB-2 together we found another 89 MB-2 for my
parter that we kitted very similarly but we both knew there was more to be
desired.

Fast forward to our first visit to mecca and a quick test ride, myself on a
Gus and Ariel on a Cheviot, and we'd finally seen the light.

The path was clear and we knew what we had to do, first myself with a 56cm
Susie and Ariel followed with a 55cm Platypus.

I eventually found myself wishing I'd done a 59cm Susie instead so with
that thought in my head I began to try other options with the notion of
buying a 59cm when the next batch landed, and since then I've tried a 58cm
SimpleOne, a 62cm Hunqapillar, and most recently a 60cm Cheviot.

The Cheviot is my favorite *ride* of those 3, but I still find myself
longing for another Susie, so on Wednesday I'll be preordering a 59cm
*color TBD*

I love reading how we all took different roads to get to the same place,
and it's a damn fine place I'm happy to share it with you all!

Jared in SLO, CA