These are difficult issues for all of us, but the door often swings both
ways.  A couple of years ago I had stopped at a point where a bike trail
crosses a major state highway, waiting for the light to change so I could
proceed across the intersection.  On the opposite side of the intersection
were parents with their two small children waiting to cross to my side of
the road.  When the light did change a car waiting to turn to it's right
just kept on going in front of the group of cyclists, honking its horn as
they turned.  One of the kids somehow made it across OK with their mother
yelling loudly at the inconsiderate/unlawful driver.

OTOH, there was an incident a number of years ago on a city street in
Chicago where a cyclist pulled up along the right side of a large truck
that was waiting for the light to change in order to make a right turn, as
was the cyclist.  As the light changed, the truck driver proceeded to make
a right turn, running over and killing the cyclist on his "blind" right
side.  There was major outrage about this event among those in the
"activist" cycling "community," some of whom proclaimed that trucks should
all be equipped with those "side shields" which might have prevented the
catastrophe.  However, this was wrong thinking.  Those so-called "side
shields" often seen on the trailers of over-the-road tractor/trailer rigs
are there for aerodynamic purposes only, not for the prevention of
pedestrian accidents.  The cyclist should have known better than to pull
along side of a truck like that where he/she was in his blind spot.

It works both ways.  Yes, there are idiotic and offensive drivers out there
and I encounter them quite often.  But I also see cyclists "bending' the
law (in the sense of rules of the road) in a way that frequently
contributes to the road rage against bikes that we often encounter.  Be
wise.