I have a long chainstay gravel bike (built on a Schwinn passage) and a more
modern frame with discs.  Long chainstays obviously make chunky terrain and
descents much more tolerable and controlled.  Depending on the style of
riding, though, they make getting your front wheel up and over obstacles
(common here in New England) difficult.  For that riding, I much prefer to
have my rear wheel right under me.

Will