Max, While I initially thought trying out different forks or tires may
satisfy, I think it's entirely possible your just "branded out" on the
Rivendell design and the so-called "handling" characteristics, whatever the
heck that means if anything. You know, like too many chocolate bars from
the same factory !

So I'd be inclined to say yeah, try a whole new take on "the bicycle" from
someone else, and in doing so you just might find you see and experience
the Riv's you have in a different way, or be inspired to change something
about how they're fitted. I wouldn't necessarily sell the Ram unless/until
you were sure you like whatever frame you got. Even then, after trying
something else, it may spark something creative to do with Ram. Maybe the
bars, maybe your positioning, who's to say at this point. I know I'm set to
put some  low positioned Zipp XPLR drop bars on my Bombadil with a narrow
road saddle. Since going back to low drop bars on my Franklin custom,
getting a nice narrow road saddle and moving it very far forward from where
it had been, when I hop on the Bomba it feels awkward and unrideable the
way it's setup currently. How you're positioned on a bike can have quite an
effect on how it feels and handles.

I can't say the Crust frame you mentioned in good choice for you or not as
I know nothing of them. Also, it's been mentioned here how low trail bikes
like a front load of some kind, I assume you knew this and are okay with it
?  Also, you needn't get a low trail bike for a completely different
handing/ride/fun experience. The difference between my Bomba and Franklin
are so totally different, and the Franklin is very much in the "neutral"
handling category with a much higher BB, which is my preference. Yes, I
feel a little more "atop" of the frame and I like it that way, it's like
sitting atop a fine race horse, hell yeah, giddy up and go horsey !  In
that vein, in a relative whim after working out the specs I bought a VO
Rando frame during it's presale. I can't speak to how it rides as it's
still in the box, but I look forward to hopping on that race horse too :)
Point being, there's lots of chocolate bar factories to choose from !