On Friday 2 February 2024 at 8:19:05 am UTC+11 matthew...@gmail.com wrote:

The Aspin is 18mm narrower than the B17- If you're trying to be comparable
then the Aubisque/Vars/Mente City saddles would be a lot closer in
dimensions. Aspin is 157mm, B17 is 175mm, and the Aubisque is 180mm.

I'll second the recommendation for the Aubisque/Vars/Mente (all three have
exactly the same top: the Vars has Ti rails, the Aubisque stainless steel
rails, the Mente the same but is cheaper as the top is fastened with rivets
rather than bolts, so can't easily be replaced when needed). I have three
of them on various bikes, two Vars and one Mente. I've been a user of
Brooks Pro and B17 since the 1970s, but the Berthoud saddles are more
comfortable for me.

Nick Payne